Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Machine-made Cathedral Window Baby Quilt

This quilt is my first attempt at a machine made cathedral window.  As I went along I learned how to make it better.  Should I attempt a second one in the future I will be able to make it much quicker.

This is back.  A smooth side for laying baby on.

I was going to edge stitch the folded fabric to make leaves, but found it too thick and difficult to manuver.  Instead I made a wiggle pattern which turned out much better and was a lot easier to do.  I am all for easy.

The quilt is quite thick and very texturized.  I think it will be very nice to keep little hands busy.  It think it will be a very rugged blankie that will last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment