Friday 22 February 2013

QUILTING BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON Mini Exchange Quilt

Here is a little quilt I made for ALQS7 this past fall, an online quilt swapping blog.  It found a new home with a quilter in Nova Scotia.  I couldn't be more thrilled as that is where I am from.

Since it was an international swap I wanted to make it quintessentially Canadian.  What's more Canadian than canoes and snow.  I designed quilting cabin in the mountains where by one can quilt by the light of silver moonbeams cast by a canoe shaped moon.  One can just imagine a quilter inside the cabin with the light on.

Rather than making a plain backing, I used up three heart strips that were in my scrap box stash of quilted things and fabric that hope some day to make it into a project.






No comments:

Post a Comment